The preparation of a new generation of talented young researchers is vital for the sustainable development of railway transport in the future. It is crucial to support the youth and stimulate its research activity.
The aim of the Young Researchers Awards is to support and encourage gifted young researchers, stimulate their research work in the sphere of railway transport, prepare a new generation of researchers, lay the foundations for future innovative development of railway transport and attract young researchers in the sphere of railway transport as well as to support the creation of favorable conditions for scientific discoveries and innovative achievements involving young researchers.
To be nominated an applicant should meet the following criteria:
- He/she should be involved in at least one successfully realised railway research project
- He/she should be no more than 30 years old
- He/she should be currently involved in research activities
- He/she should have publications in scientific literature
- He/she should have participated in scientific conferences, exhibitions, seminars
- He/she should be innovative, show a high level of creativity, fresh thinking and innovation
Patents and other objects of intellectuals property welcomed
Only individual researchers can be nominated for this prize.
An individual can be awarded the prize only once in a lifetime.
To participate in the contest an applicant should present:
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues
- Biography (CV)
- A list of publications and conferences activities
The applicant should also prepare the Young Researches poster (see the template)
The evaluation procedure of the Young Researchers Awards should be conducted according to the standards of the UIC Innovation Awards 2014 evaluation procedure by the jury consisting of IRRB members supported by their preferred experts.
The winner in this category is determined among candidates proposed by international transport organisations, academia, railway industry or UIC members. Applicants cannot nominate themselves.
The required documents should be sent to schut uic.org before 1 September 2016!
The prize in this category consists of:
- Certificate signed by the UIC Chairman, the UIC Director General and the IRBB Chairman
- Material prize
- Invitation to participate in the UIC Innovation Awards 2016 ceremony including the reimbursement of travel costs and accommodation
3 winners are to be awarded: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place